Tempus Box Cover III

I still like it today, so I’ve continued with some refinements. Often times composition is tweeked in this stage to better give order. I believe there was a comment to this effect in the previous post. In this case, the buildings have been nudged here and there according to a proportioning system. This heightened sense of order seems appropriate to me given this streamlined game. Boiling down the history of human endeavor into a few simple rules strikes me as very severe. So then, a highly structured cover. Below you can see the underlying structure and how things fit together.

For the sides, I have alternated warm and cool panels of clouds. It looks quite nice and is a good contrast to the solid harder objects on the front. The clouds then add the the sense of the passage of time, which is nice.


– Mike

©2006 Mike Doyle